Halloween DIY Decorations, Massive Pumpkin Carving, Costume Options and MoreBy Diana Cook
Are you ready for the Halloween 3-day weekend? Almost? Whether you are looking for last minute decorating tips for your spooky soiree or are already contemplating just what to do with that bucket full of left over Halloween Candy, we’ve got the skinny on all the best Halloween links from around the web.
- If you can’t get to the New York Botanical Gardens to witness world’s largest pumpkin first hand, Inhabitat has some incredible images of the 1818.5 pound behemoth. The over-sized gourd has been sliced and diced to create a spine-tingling sculpture of zombies and demons draped in “guts” as they break out of the giant squash.
- Is your dwelling in a ho-hum Halloween slump? For decorating ideas to give your place some last minute “scare flair”, the design minds over at HGTV are chock full of suggestions. They’ve got plenty of do-it-yourself projects and easy entertaining ideas to get you on track. Some of our favorites include the Vintage Inspired Halloween Banner and the Advanced Halloween Pumpkin-Carving Templates.
- If you are like us, you dread the thought of all that left over Halloween candy going to waste. Nothing is more depressing than reaching for a chalky Snickers bar that’s been sitting in the bowl above your fridge for three weeks. Fortunately, Mint.com has provided a comprehensive list of Leftover Halloween Candy Recipes to help take care of the problem.
- Still mulling over your costume options? If you want to avoid looking like a complete idiot you’ll want avoid the 16 Great Halloween Costumes That Tell Everyone You Suck compiled by the folks at Cracked.com.
- In the spirit of “No Tricks Just Treats”, IHOP is offering a design your own Scary Face Pancake today. The “Count Spatula” pancake includes an over-sized buttermilk pancake with a whipped topping mouth and a strawberry nose. It is served with two mini Oreo cookies and candy corn on the side. The good news, the pancake is free. The bad news, you have be under 12 to get in on this action.